- 500g green papaya
- 1 carrot
- 100g roasted peanuts
- 2 lemons
- 1 dangerous chili
- Lemon: 1-2 fruit
- Dangerous chili: 1-2 fruits
- Garlic: 1 bulb
- 30g laksa leaves
- 30g cilantro
- Seasoning: fish sauce, salt, sugar, soup powder
Viet’s Restaurant Spring is serving delicious Papaya Salad w/Shrimp & Steamed Pork. If you want to enjoy it, please Order Here. Thank You!
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Green papaya: you use the tip of a knife to make a few incisions on the left body and then soak it in a basin of water to get all the plastic out. Next, wash and peel, cut out and remove the seeds, cut off the bitter pulp and grate into long fibers. When you shave, you immediately soak in diluted salt water, add a few ice cubes to make the papaya white and crispy.
- Carrots are washed, peeled, grated like papaya and then soaked together.
- Lettuce, basil picked, washed, chopped.
- Crushed or lightly roasted peanuts.
- Garlic peeled, smashed and minced.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds and chop finely.
- Cut the lemon in half, squeeze the juice, filter out the seeds.
Step 2: Mix Sauce to Make Sweet and Sour Papaya Salad
Prepare a bowl, put in: 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, garlic, minced chili and mix well.
Step 3: Proceed to Mix Papaya and Carrot Salad
Remove carrots and papaya, mix well, drain and place in a large bowl or large plate. Slowly pour in the marinade mixture from the previous step. Wear nylon gloves, mix well to infuse the spices, then add basil, minced laksa leaves and crushed roasted peanuts to continue mixing. After mixing, let it rest for about 15 minutes and then put it on a plate, sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top to complete.