Curry is a dish originating from India, when it was introduced to Vietnam, it became a favorite dish of many people and was transformed into many different versions such as Thai curry, beef curry, meat. curry chicken, … to suit Vietnamese taste. The following article shows how to cook curry chicken for a family meal.
Can be flexible in choosing vegetables cooked with curry chicken such as potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes or pumpkin to suit each person’s taste.
- Chicken (1⁄2 chickens)
- Sweet potato (2 bulbs)
- Carrot (2 bulbs)
- Coconut milk (200ml)
- Curry powder (1 pack)
- Salt, sugar, seasoning powder, fish sauce
- Onion, garlic, ground pepper
Viet’s Restaurant Spring is serving delicious Chicken Sauteed Curry, Coconut Milk Served w/Rice Noodles. If you love this dish, you can Order Here. Thank You!
Processing sweet potatoes:
Wash the sweet potato, then peel it and cut it into bite-sized chunks.
Note: Sweet potatoes should be processed immediately after being peeled because they are easy to darken and lose color. If not, you can soak the potatoes in a basin of water mixed with a little lemon or vinegar to remove the pus.
Prepare and marinate chicken:
Wash the chicken, to remove the smell of chicken, rub salt on the surface of the meat and then rinse with clean water. Chop into bite-sized pieces, put the chicken in a bowl, put the ingredients in turn:
- Minced garlic (1⁄2 tsp)
- Ground pepper (2 teaspoons)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Seasoning seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Fish sauce (1 teaspoon)
Then mix well to infuse the seasoning into the chicken and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Step 1: Put the pot on the stove, when the pot is dry, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the remaining minced garlic and curry powder and fry until the garlic is golden. Pour the marinated chicken into the pot and start sautéing for about 5 minutes. Then, add sweet potatoes, carrots and stir-fry with chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 2: Pour 200ml of coconut water into the pot and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked, the sweet potatoes and carrots are soft. When the chicken and potatoes are cooked, season to taste and then turn off the heat.
- Step 3: Ladle the curry chicken into a bowl and garnish with some onions to make it beautiful.
Note: This curry chicken requires the chicken to be tender and fully absorb the spices, the curry juice is thick, thick and golden in color.
Above is a guide on how to cook curry chicken with just 3 simple steps, easy to find ingredients, you’ve got a bowl of curry chicken with rich, sweet and fatty broth. Tender chicken with slices of sweet potato, sweet carrot, fleshy. This dish can be eaten with bread, fresh vermicelli or rice. You should eat it while it is still hot to keep the best taste. Wish you success with this attractive curry chicken dish.