Banh Khot is a specialty dish in the South of Vietnam, gradually becoming popular throughout the country. Let’s come with Viet’s Restaurant Spring to the following guide on how to make a very simple and delicious shrimp-and-meat cake.
- 300g shrimp
- 100g lean meat
- 200g squid
- 250g rice flour
- 70g cold rice
- 200ml coconut milk
- 50g deep fried flour
- 2 wood ear mushrooms (mushrooms)
- 10g turmeric powder
- 10g green onions
- 6 purple onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 dangerous chili
- 1 chicken egg
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- Seasoning: salt, fish sauce, sugar, ground pepper,…
- Accompanying vegetables: lettuce, basil, lettuce
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Red onion and garlic, peeled and minced.
- Chop the green onions, keeping the head and leaves separate.
- Shrimp peeled, black thread, cut off the head. If using large shrimp, they need to be cut in half.
- Marinate shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt, ⅓ teaspoon MSG, 1 teaspoon red onion, 1 teaspoon onion head, mix well, marinate for 5 minutes.
- Wood ear mushrooms soak in hot water to bloom, wash and chop finely.
- Squid pulls out the head, takes the ink tube, removes the eyes, washes it, and cuts it into small, thin circles.
- Minced meat, marinated with ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of MSG, 1 teaspoon of shallot, ½ teaspoon of salt, wood ear, a little pepper, mix well.
- Grind rice with a little water, sieve through a filter until smooth.
Step 2: Stir-fry the Banh Khot
- Heat a pan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Then add the shrimp and fry until cooked, then scoop out and set aside.
- Repeat the same with minced meat and squid (fry each separately, do not overcook).
Step 3: Instructions for Making Banh Khot Dough
- Put rice flour, milled rice, fried flour, turmeric powder, 500ml of filtered water, 100ml of coconut milk into a large bowl.
- Stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Let the dough rest for about 1 hour.
- Use a sieve to filter the flour until smooth.
- Then add eggs, 1 teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon MSG into the flour and stir to dissolve.
Step 4: How to Cook Coconut Water to Make Banh Khot
- Pour the remaining 100ml of coconut milk into the pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch and stir until powder is dissolved.
- North on the stove, cook on low heat, stir until the coconut milk thickens.
- Add a little salt, stir a little more and then turn off the heat.
Viet’s Restaurant Spring is serving delicious Vietnamese Cup Cake w/Tofu & Vegetables. If you love this dish, please Order Here. Thank You!
Step 5: Instructions for Pouring Banh Khot Dough
- Heat the cake pan on high heat and then slowly lower the heat to low.
- Pour a little cooking oil into each small mold and coat it evenly.
- Heat oil, pour dough into ⅓ mold.
- When the dough is cooked, add a little oil to the edge of the mold, then pour another layer of flour.
- The second layer of flour is cooked, add a little coconut milk, green onions and add a little more flour.
- Then multiply on top.
- Close the lid of the mold, cook on low heat.
- When the cake is golden, turn it over.
- Wait until the dough is fully cooked and then take it out.
- Do this until you run out of dough and filling.
- Khot cake needs to have a light crispy shell and a spongy inside.
- The filling is bold, moderately sweet.
- You should use it as soon as the cake is still hot, served with raw vegetables, the sweet and sour fish sauce will help increase the flavor of Banh Khot.