How to cook Thai seafood vermicelli is not difficult, although the ingredients are quite sophisticated, the steps are quite easy to follow. If you still don’t know how to cook Thai vermicelli, don’t skip the tutorial that I’m about to introduce below.
- 300g squid
- 300g large shrimp, the better black tiger shrimp
- 200g straw mushrooms
- 2 pieces of tofu
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 branches of lemongrass
- 4 chili peppers
- 1 galangal
- Some lemon leaves
- Tom yum seasoning
- A little tamarind, garlic
- The accompanying raw vegetables such as lettuce, chrysanthemum…
- Along with sugar spices, salt sauce, satay…
- Rice noodle
How to Choose Ingredients to Make Delicious Thai Seafood Vermicelli
- Shrimp you should choose largely, shrimp bought while still alive, check that the shrimp is healthy, active, has a dark color, hard shell, is fresh and delicious.
- Squid you also have to choose when it’s fresh, the squid’s flesh is thick, and the beard is long.
- Both shrimp and squid when buying, you need to pay attention to the smell, if there is a slightly fishy smell, it is fresh, if it has a strange smell or has no smell, you should not buy it because it is easy to be preserved for a long time.
- Step 1. First, you prepare the squid by washing, steaming it and then cutting it into bite-sized pieces.Shrimp you also wash, bring to boil then peel, remove the head and remove the black part, you should keep the tail for a nice look.
- Step 2. We continue to prepare vegetables and other spices, the mushrooms you wash and then soak in saltwater to expand, then just take out and drain.Tofu you cut into bite-sized pieces, wash the tomatoes, then add the areca pods.
- Step 3. Galangal you wash, peel and slice thinly, lemongrass you take 2 branches smashed, the remaining branch you put together with garlic and chili and then minced.You bring tamarind to soak in water, finely chopped lemon leaves, other vegetables you wash, cut into pieces and then drain.
Viet’s Restaurant Spring is serving delicious Seafood w/Rice Noodles (Thai Style). If you love this dish, you can Order Here. Thank You!
- Step 4. Prepare a pot and heat a little cooking oil, when the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and lemongrass and fry until fragrant.Next, you add tomatoes to the island so that the tomatoes are almost ripe and out of the water.
- Step 5. Now pour the grill into the pot, continue to add minced chili, satay, smashed lemongrass and sliced galangal and bring to a boil.< br />When the broth boils, add tamarind, tofu and mushrooms to cook.
- Step 6. Seasoning to taste, I usually season with 2 teaspoons of salt, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of tom yum seasoning, 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder, a little salt.Finally, sprinkle with sliced lemongrass leaves and lower the heat to low.
- Step 7. When eating, you just need to take the vermicelli into a bowl, arrange shrimp and squid on top, scoop up tofu, mushrooms, sprinkle some herbs then add broth, eat with raw vegetables is nothing.